Tuesday, April 28, 2009

First Run...


Kyle and I went on our first outdoor run as a married couple today! :) I decided to document the occasion! It was fun...kind of. The progression of my feelings went from excited to do this, thinking it would not be a problem, to hating Kyle for talking to me during such pain, to happiness at how good my body felt. I have not went on an outdoor run for a long time because of the handy elliptical that the University has. I could easily go for 30 minutes on the elliptical and was about to die going on a run outdoors. But I felt the pounds melting off! (I wish!)
17 DAYS til Graduation! :)

4 comments:

The Grady Gazette said...

Scott and I are on a healthy kick too! I'm so excited! we just started a healthy eating diet/portion control, and we have been going to the YMCA a lot too! I'm so excited for you two I hope you can keep it up!

jsVanEss said...

Ha ha, that is so funny! I feel the EXACT same way as you... I can do the elliptical for 3 miles and then I can barely run a mile outside!!!! How sad :(
Well, keep it up and have fun!!!

Eric and Carol: said...

I also went for my first run (sans Eric.. he isn't really into working out)... and this was my first time running since pre-Caden (I KNOW, I'm working on my fat butt... don't judge me!). ANYWAY, I ran 4 miles and it was AWESOME... I just wish that all the pain in my muscles meant that I had this sudden and amazing definition... yeah, not so much!

Gerardo, Sara , Katy Lou & Elena said...

Hearing everyone's exercise stories has inspired me to start...I just don't know when. Kyle, the first thing I thought of when I saw the pictures was how much you look like Joel (your cousin) in it. Keep it up and enjoy the nice weather! Rainy season has officially started:(