Friday, January 27, 2012

18 weeks

I am pregnant again! I never officially announced it on the blog (much to my sis-in-laws dismay). Baby is due July 4th, he/she is measuring 2 days earlier so maybe July 2nd, but my Dr. expects June based on how I carried with Cole. So, that being said, Kyle said that we will for sure be ready this time which means the moment I am done with school on June 8th, the bags will be packed. :)

This pregnancy has went well. Almost identical to my pregnancy with Cole. Exhaustion. Back pain on the left above my hip. Headaches right before 2nd trimester that lasted early afternoon thru evening. I still want to eat Mexican flavors. I think I have gained 5 pounds so far. I was REALLY self-conscious right when my belly started popping. It popped pretty early and hearing the shocking comments didn't help. I got over it and am now embracing the belly. It is true that you pop earlier with #2.  I went back and looked at my weekly pregnant pictures and I just can't imagine being as huge as I was at the end of my pregnancy with Cole.

Baby D #2 18 weeks on Monday
Cole 19 weeks...pretty comparable! Phew!

We asked Cole where the baby was...

Now he has it! 

We find out if it is a boy or girl on Valentine's Day. Since things have been identical to Cole, I expect boy! And would be thrilled! Since we are finding out on V-day I just think it might be a girl...cause it is such a girly holiday! The heartbeat has been around 143 every time. To me that means boy. The Chinese calendar also says boy. We will make the big announcement while baby gets measured and Kyle texts everyone!

4 comments:

Eric and Carol: said...

1. I think you look great... And your scarf is super cute! 2. I think it's a girl :)

The Wolfs said...

You are just so darn cute!:) I can't wait until Valentines day!!

Debbie Steele said...

First of all, Congrats!!!! Kathy told me, and I was so excited for you.

Second, I'm guessing boy, but you look GREAT!!!

Third, having kids this close together is great!!! Jonathan and Lincoln are 15 months apart, and I LOVE it!

Good luck with everything!!!

Julia said...

Wow, congrats! :) You look really good!