Friday, July 27, 2012

1 Month!

Brooke is 1 month and we are so happy to have her around! She is such a little blessing. She is content and very relaxed...I think she must know that we have our hands full with big brother! :) Here is her update...

  • She weighs 9.6 pounds...that was determined by the very accurate weigh myself and then add her method! :) 
  • She is on the same routine as Cole was...my mom said it must be me! :) She eats every 3 hours and is sleeping 5 hour stretches at night. Having a baby full term really helps with that sleep stuff! 
  • She is awake quite a bit in the morning and then takes a pretty good nap. 
  • We have been laying her down in her crib for 1-2 naps a day...she does really well with this. 
  • She is still sleeping in our room
  • She doesn't really cry in the middle of the night...she grunts. HA!
  • She has been a busy girl in this first month of life...weddings, parks, walks, pools, beach, etc. She sleeps through most of it. 
  • She loves bath time...it is almost like she gets excited about it.
  • I think she might smile soon as a reaction...I think! 
  • I love when she smiles in her sleep...so cute!
  • She loves her nuk. 
  • Cole and her are getting along well...he doesn't want me to take her back to the hospital yet. We have a few moments where he wants all my attention but we are working on it. 
  • She is almost done with her newborn clothing...good thing cause I am excited for the 3 month stash...super cute stuff!
  • Dressing a girl is very fun!
  • We walk every morning...Brooke in the baby bjorn and Cole in the stroller. That is another thing that Cole is getting used to sharing...the stroller. Sometimes he has to be a big boy and walk...poor guy!
  • Everything about her is more girly...even her squeaks and coos sound like a girl! :) 
We are having fun and adjusting to having 2 kids. It is going really well I think. I am lucky to have this time and more coming that I won't be working. Even though I did enjoy going to my training this week. Brooke really is a doll and we thank God for giving us this gift! She was meant for us and it is amazing how God plans that out!  I will make sure to post some more pictures of her when I figure out how to add more photo storage...I AM OUT! OH NO! :) Either I will be starting a second edition blog or buying more space...Guess which option Kyle is going for? I suppose after 4 years it was bound to fill up.