Saturday, July 14, 2012

Brooke Elizabeth

I am about 2 weeks overdue but better late than never! Brooke Elizabeth has arrived! She was born on June 28th at 1:06pm weighing 7 lbs 14 oz. She was 20 inches long. She has a nice head of hair and is a lovely little baby! I can't get enough of her! :) Her arrival was forced as Kyle had to go out of town and we needed to be at Emily's wedding! She was ready and the labor went really well. I arrived at the hospital at 6 am, was induced around 7, water broke around 7:30 and baby was born at 1:06pm. Ever since then it has been a whirlwind with family events, healing, and now getting back to our "routine." We will see how that goes. 

Pretty girl looked almost identical to Cole. 

When Cole arrived I bawled my eyes out! 

Family of 4!

As Cole would say, "Two Babies"


My mom was a huge help for the past 2 weeks. 


You can never start too early! :) 

Cole suddenly is HUGE! He LOVES his sister...he is as gentle as a 22 month old can be! 




And now that I can't watch Cole every second...he puts lip stain all over his face and it won't come off for 3 days!

She has lots of pretty dresses!

Strong girl already! 

Cole was showing Brooke what Diaper Head was all about. 

Sleepy smiles...love them!

I can't believe I am taking pictures of 2 kids taking baths together and those kids are both mine! :) 

Today Brooke had her 2 week appointment. She weighed in at 8 lbs 10 oz and grew 1/2 an inch! Our little lady is getting some rolls...super cute! We love her so much and are so glad that God blessed us with her! We are now back at home after being at my parents for a week and celebrating Emily and Tony's wedding. I am so lucky to have my parents to help me out any time I need. Kyle missed us on his work trip but we are all back and enjoying being home. Next week I am going to try this 2 kids thing out on my own...we will go to the park and to target to start...I know I can do it! :)

4 comments:

Marie said...

brooke is such a cuty! And cole too! i love the lip stick idea ! :D I am sure you will do perfect with both of them !!

The Wolfs said...

Krystin! You are an amazing mom and wife! I'm confident you'll be fine! Cute pictures! You and Kyle make some really cute kids:) Love yoU!

Yellow Trunk Designs said...

You will do great!!!! Love all the pics of the two kids and of Cole's new make-up face. Adjusting to a "new normal" takes time, but you're a great mom and remember your house doesn't have to be clean, hot dogs and oven pizza for dinner is totally acceptable, and wearing pj's all day is a very cool fashion trend!

Gerardo, Sara , Katy Lou & Elena said...

It's amazing how two kids make it feel so much like a family. You will do wonderful and your days will never be dull or boring...the lip stain picks are classic! Elena has gotten into my make up so many times these past few weeks that i just smile and clean her up again. Ditto to all that Carol said...especially about the house being clean.