Sunday, September 12, 2010

Final Baby Room Video


We finished getting the baby room ready this weekend. The clothes that we think will fit him are washed, we got extra newborn diapers and wipes, we got baby shampoo, lotion, powder, and desitin, all the miscellaneous clutter has been put away, the bed has been made for whoever is sleeping over to help, we got the glider and in terms of stuff we are ready to go...we think! Notice the "i think" in this paragraph. We don't have a clue so we are hoping that we are "thinking" right.

We have really needed a weekend at home to get things done and it seems like we will need to do this more often with the demands of grad school, school, work, and well, being pregnant and tired. Kyle is in the midst of a mild busy season as well. Get this, if we have the baby before Oct 15, he has to go in to work the day after. So, the need for us to wait until the 19th is even greater now!


Next weekend we have our labor/delivery class. That should be interesting. :) I am hoping they will tell me what I need for the hospital bag because I want to get that taken care of and there are so many lists online. 5 weeks to go!!!

PS: The name for Little D is still WAY up in the air! I am not thrilled with any of the names right now. I am hoping a name will come to me soon...like in a dream, that would make it much easier.

We had a big box from the glider! Kyle just couldn't fathom putting it out in the trash so he made a house for Nala...and himself! Nala has taken a couple naps in it today so now Kyle thinks we need to keep it! He is quite proud of his homemade dog house for Nala!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Exciting!! His room is adorable, and we have that same bouncy seat for Levi. He LOVES to rip the blue owl off from the middle and suck on him!

As far as what you need for a hospital bag... not nearly as much as what those lists online tell you!! I packed a spare nightgown and comfy clothes but never wore them... {you bleed to much... I was worried about ruining clothes} and the hospital has a blow dryer so you don't need to worry about that! Really, all I needed were toiletries, CAMERA, and the babies take home outfit. (and blankets for him!) I also brought my laptop, which worked out nice. I got to put up pictures right away and could keep in contact with everyone. Don't stress out about it too much because it's really not a biggie!!

Enjoy these last few weeks!:)

Gerardo, Sara , Katy Lou & Elena said...

Naomi told me about the box...what can be said, a box is the best toy in the world for baby, kid, man, dog...the room looks great! I so wish that we could be there! Dont' worry, the name will come to you and praying that this little guy doesn't decided to come early:) P.S. I recommend taking a water bottle if you drink lots of liquids and chap stick becaue your lips dry out during labor.

Eric and Carol: said...

Love the room... and Nala's room too :).... Hospital bag essentials? I would bring items to prevent boredom... then again I hated being in the hospital (dvds, cards, games, magazines, books laptop), comfy clothes to go home in, toiletries, and items for the baby. Also... snacks for you and Kyle.... in case the hospital food isn't stellar and in case you give birth and then the kitchen is closed (I was starving after Ethan.. but couldn't get any food as it was too late at night!!). Make sure you have a stock of pads for when you get home (the overnight super absorbent ones). They will provide them at the hospital, but you'll need them for a few weeks when you get home. AHHH... you're having a baby! Sooo exciting :)