Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year

2009 was filled with many wonderful memories. As I look back 12 months seems fast. Last year at this time we were living in our tiny apartment going to school. This year we are living in a bit larger apartment and living in the "real" world. We have been so blessed this year and I am overwhelmed by God's provision.

I am not big into making New Years Resolution because too many people, me included, don't follow through. Ambition is a different story...so this year my plan is to begin "training" for a 1/2 marathon. I have learned that running is mental thing and I obviously need to work on that side of my mind! :) It has been a desire of mine for a long time and now is the best time to start. Not only will it be good for me but it will also be good for Nala because she won't go stir crazy in the winter months. Now that I have declared it on the blog...I will HAVE to do some follow through because I have many family members that will ask me about this ambitious goal.

Looking ahead into 2010 we have plans already... grad school, school debt removal, vacation planning, church finding, tax season, and learning to stay put in Hartland on the weekends!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
WE HOPE YOU AND YOURS ARE BLESSED THIS YEAR!

3 comments:

jsVanEss said...

Wow, that is very ambitious! Maybe we should do it together :) I have always wanted to do it too... it's on my "bucket list". We can be motivation for each other! he he... even though we live so far away :)

Tim and Liz Casey said...

Tim and I are both training for the St. Louis 1/2 in April -- don't know if I'll make it to run the whole thing, but I am determined to finish! Good luck with your training!

Eric and Carol: said...

I am SO proud of you!!! I too have decided to do a makeover this year by setting some spiritual goals and physical ones as well (and running is one of them... except that has to start after March!). We should look into something in the fall to run together!?