Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Always Learning

I am learning big lessons about all the things I want in life all the time. Let me just tell you the list of my wants right now; to finish grad school, to have a baby, to buy a house, to have my full-time+ job, etc. HELLO, lets talk about unreasonable. Those are just the big things, I am not even including all the small things like a couch, kitchen table, and a ridiculous number of Vera bags. So, throughout this holiday season(and on) I am really going to really work on being content with all the blessings in my life. I have NO reason to want...it is good to have goals but I need to slow down and be content. I am a self-proclaimed "rusher" so it is time for me to slow down, appreciate, and wait for the Lord to show me the way.
"...for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content."
Phil 4:11

1 comment:

Gerardo, Sara , Katy Lou & Elena said...

I recommend for you to read to your class, and yourself, The Most Beautiful Place in the World by Ann Cameron. Whenever I get the " I want this nows" I always think of that book. It makes me appreciate what I have more.