Thursday, October 2, 2008

What We Are Learning...

Hello Family and Friends!
I am just a terrible blogger. I love to look at what is going on in everyone's life but never know what to write on my own. So my newest post will be all about what Kyle and I are learning as a newly married couple:

1) Keeping the Budget (Easier Said Than Done)
2) Learning the Love Languages of the other and acting upon them
3) Finding time to spend together
4) Making it a habit to have times with God.
5) Most Importantly: Having complete dependence on God.

I want to mention how extremely thankful I am for the people that God send into my life. I have had this yearning to draw closer to God but always pushed it aside. Until lately.... first, Eric and Carol showed me the wonderful example of prayer. I was just in awe of how God worked in their lives. Second, I had this extremely powerful conversation with my new friend Becky about being married. She just has such dependence on God and has these "spiritual encounters" that are amazing. Then, last Sunday at ODBC, Pastor Seth did a sermon on "What does Jesus mean to you" and it was more of a discussion than a sermon. It was just so wonderful to hear how much Jesus means to people. It brought tears to my eyes numerous times. After the service, I just felt like Kyle and I needed to discuss this and to my wonderful surprise, Kyle turned off the Brewers game on the radio to discuss it. It was such a blessing to me. So, I have been working on my Jesus Statement, as I have been calling it, and just thinking about how my life would be with out Jesus. I also throughout the week have seen how having such a spiritual high as of Sunday and how it can fall so quickly with the busyness of the week.
So, this is our life at the moment. We are constantly learning from one another and learning from God.
It was enjoyable blogging to you all! :)

3 comments:

festival said...

Thanks for the wonderful insight into your spiritual challenges and changes in life. It's such an encouragement to hear from other people what Jesus means to them. It gives me goose bumps when to hear and see people, especially family, draw closer to God.

Katyx wants to add a few words...h 9m g dh g g mf ñlm,.................. ggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg jhdf v gjjkkydszgvjnm

Gerardo, Sara , Katy Lou & Elena said...

sorry for the weird publisher name...gera was logged into his work account.

Eric and Carol: said...

GOD IS SO GOOD. I am learning more and more about the importance of sharing what God is doing (and our hopes of what God will do) in life. Not only does it make me see the bigger picture of God at work in me, but it opens my eyes to God at work around me. Sometimes we go through times in life where God is silently at work but if we stop and step outside ourselves we can see God at work in the lives of those around us. I think it's AWESOME that you are taking initiative to make spiritual things a priority in your marriage (IT'S HARD), but you do your part and God will do the rest! I am looking forward to spending some quality time with you next week. Until then... love you guys!!!