Tuesday, February 22, 2011

5 Months

such a boy...getting harder to take the pictures! :)

 
Well let me begin by saying I can't believe that Cole is 5 months. When he turned 4 months it seemed like just the next step but 5 months feels like, when did my baby get so big! :)
  • Cole is starting to dabble in the 3-6 months clothing although he still fits in 0-3 months. I am rather thankful for the clothing fitting him for so long as it helps with the budget! (Is that my hubby talking through me or what?!?)
  • Cole PLAYS...for real...it is the most fun! He grabs toys, rolls over to looks at toys, bats at toys. He grabs at my face and hair.
  • Cole is quite the talker!
  • He can focus on small items which is right where he is supposed to be according to the What to Expect in the first year book.
  • He eays like a champ! Cereal and a bottle for breakfast. Cereal for dinner. And about 10 oz of bottles for lunch and 4:00. He naturally went to a 4 hour schedule without me even knowing. It was great. It is probably time to start trying other foods. Any suggestions?!?!
  • Sleeping is going well. He falls asleep at night around 8:00. I usually cuddle him to sleep at this time because after working all day I am just not ready to lay him down. He eats at 8:30 and then goes down for the night. He seems to wake around 4:00 every morning but we don't feed him until the 5:00 hour. Then he sleeps til 7:15 and Kyle gets him ready for the sitters.
  • Our babysitters are WONDERFUL! It has been a great experience. I am so thankful for them.
  • We no longer use the baby tub. Cole loves to splash around in the big tub! It is pretty fun!
  • We are working on sitting up...his head is a bit to big for his body still. haha
  • I have had a few comments that Cole is looking like me again. :)
  • When he doesn't like something he does one big scream. haha
  • He likes to hang upside down and sit up and look around...silly!
All in all, Cole continues to be a joy! I constantly marvel at this new experience that God has given us. I love seeing how Cole changes every day. It is amazing because every weekend it seems like he does something new so I am glad to be catching those moments.
Ashley painted some pictures for Cole's room...aren't they great?!?!?

2 comments:

jsVanEss said...

Great update... I feel like I know him so much better. 5 months already!?! CRAZY!

Eric and Carol: said...

OMG! Those pics are super cute... and so is Cole. I love his blue eyes... such a happy boy!