Tuesday, December 21, 2010

3 Months...2 days early


(we totally rocked the 3 month picture...so excited about it)
This has been a great month of firsts. Oh my, I just love this boy so much...I am really starting to understand and feel the difference that a baby brings to life. It is wonderful.
And now...the 3 month update:
  • Cole is still wearing his 0-3 month clothes. Most of the pants are much to long on him so I think we are closer to the 0 than the 3.

  • He laughs, talks, and squeals!

  • He rolls over from his tummy to his back. He has started to arch his back and look behind him so I think that means he is close to going from back to tummy. We practice all the time.

  • When he is rolled to his tummy he holds up his head to look around for about 1 minute!

  • He loves to stand up and look around.

  • Kyle insists that Cole takes steps when he is standing....I think Cole just likes to move his legs.

  • He sucks his thumb! And always is putting his hands in his mouth.

  • Bath time continues to be fun, he kicks and smiles!

  • We have a pretty great routine and I see the value of a routine. He is so much more content. I am looking forward to trying to keep things "normal" with all the holiday traveling.

  • He goes down for the night around 9:30 (even though he falls asleep at 8:15, he eats at 9:00) and sleeps until 2:30. It is a good chunk of time.

  • We wake up every morning at 8:00. I read that it is good to wake up at a certain time every morning. I agree.

  • He goes to sleep for naps and at night time on his own. By that I mean he is awake, we read a story, and then goes to sleep once laid in his crib with the music and his cuddly monkey. This has been a major blessing.

With the 3 month birthday comes the end of my maternity leave. I am so glad for the extra week for Christmas break. My heart beats a little faster from anxiety when I think about leaving him but I know he is going to be in good hands and they already love him. I am excited to get back into the swing of things at school but know that I am going to miss Cole so much. 4:00 every day will be my favorite time when I go pick him up. I am thankful that he is mostly awake at night so I will get lots of valuable time with him. He has been such an amazing joy to Kyle and I. I can't even imagine life without him.

Look at those little feet dangling...that is the whole reason for this picture. haha


Nala loves Cole...we think! :)

I will be done with blog posts for a few days now. I have been going a bit crazy with them. haha

No comments: