Monday, June 22, 2009

Camping in Door County

Kyle and I celebrated our one year anniversary this weekend by going camping in Door County. We had a fabulous time in the great outdoors. I mean this trip was so fun that I would go back again, without a doubt. :) Here is a rundown of our events....through pictures of us! We arrived in Door County on Friday. We stopped to have lunch at a Winery and we went to a Wine Tasting. YUMMY! I love wine tastings. We bought two bottles of fruity wine, Blackberry and Razzle Dazzle Raspberry. It is almost like drinking juice. After the wine tasting we kept heading up towards our campground and stopped in Fish Creek. While we were there we got some ice cream, went to the confectionery, and looked at the shops. FUN! Then we went to Wagon Trail Campground, recommended by Carol and now I totally agree. The campground was amazing. It was clean, nice showers, quiet, and just perfect. We set up camp and took a picture in front of our "house" for the weekend.
Saturday, we woke up around 8 and made some breakfast over the fire. We got ready for our day of adventure at Peninsula Park. AMAZING STATE PARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't even begin to describe how much we loved it. The day started with a 9.6 mile bike ride. Great workout and super beautiful. We got to use our new bikes and afterwards Kyle was very happy about our purchases.

After the bike ride we went on a 2.1 mile hike on the Eagle Trail. To begin the hike we walked up 75ft of steps to overlook Lake Michigan. I love those lookout things. Do you like Kyle's farmers tan? HAHAHA


The Eagle Trail hike was great. Huge cliffs and even a natural spring. Here I am drinking out of it. Yum!
Here we are in one of the caves on the trail. It really was a remarkable hike and state park. We ended our day of adventure by kayaking. We rented a two-person kayak for $16 for an hour and paddled out to an island off of the bay. Great way to end the day.
We had a great anniversary weekend. No, we are not pregnant....you would not believe how many people asked me that. :) I am very lucky to have Kyle as my husband. He is my best friend and a blast to hang with. Love you Dinger!
Now that I have updated the blog, I can cross it off my to-do list for the week.
HAVE A GREAT WEEK!

4 comments:

Gerardo, Sara , Katy Lou & Elena said...

Sounds like so much fun and a great way to celebrate your one year anniversary. Kyle, I must say that at first glance, I thought you had a white T-shirt on under the tank top, but then at a closer look I realized it was your skin...yikes! Get some use out of those bikes this summer, they look really nice.

jsVanEss said...

How is summer school going? Are you loving it... you should, you get to cook! YAY!
by the way, it looks like you and Kyle had an awesome time! How fun :)

jsVanEss said...

OH MY GOODNESS, OH MY GOODNESS!!!! That is sooooo gross! YUCK! I actually just told that story to Jamie Brill the other day... and she thought THAT was strange!! I bet that was him, ewwwwwwwww! I can't get over it.
Yes, we get our key on the 25th, so we will move smaller stuff then. But August 1st will be our "big" move in day, with the U-Haul and everything. Kind of crazy how close it is!!
So is Kyle with you in CG then? Or is he closer to his work?
I know what you mean about how nice it is to have 1/2 days! It's the best :)
Enjoy your day and 4th :)

The Wolfs said...

Yes. I love Kyle's Farmers Tan..its so intense is gets to be capitolized!!:)..hehehe.