Sunday, January 9, 2011

We Survived...

We survived the first week and are prepared and ready for week #2!
The week went well and was full of transitions for us all. After two nights of Cole NOT sleeping, I had a lovely conversation wtih Carol where we figured out an action plan. The big accomplishments of the week were...
#1 - Learning Cole did NOT need to eat in the middle of the night
#2 - Giving Cole 2 oz of formula along with nursing to get him through the night
#3 - Kyle getting up with Cole when he woke up, only to soothe him and get him to sleep.
#4 - Shortening Cole's naps to 3 hours a day....sometimes 3 1/2.
#5 - COLE SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT! AMEN! (I can't believe how alert I am when I have 7 hours of sleep! :)
Not only did Cole have a big week of transitions but he adjusted really well. He had a great time with both Mariah and Dawn and I am so glad we are blessed with great babysitters. God totally planned out our babysitters and I am so thankful for them. Josh was also able to spend some extra time with Cole which is fun for him too!

I adjusted fine with going back to school. I am more looking forward to this week because I have better plans and have gotten a good idea of who my students are again. I get home from school and my focus is completely on Cole. We have 4 hours of playing together and he is back to sleep but I love those hours. The moment that made me realize that I will be able to do this whole working mom thing was when Cole smiled at me when I went in to get him Saturday morning. And again, the day was spent focused on him.
We will see how this week goes but I am praying and hoping for the best! Thanks for all the support in getting me through! :)
Go PACK! Cole is sleeping through some it right now! :)
Look at those tired eyes...

No comments: