Sunday, April 18, 2010

Baby Bump - 14 Weeks


It has begun! The pants are being held together by a pony tail holder, the shirts show off a little too much belly and love handles, and when I sleep on my side, the belly touches my knees! Right now it feels like I am just getting chubby. The problem is I no longer can suck in my chubby. I didn't realize that you are unable to suck it in when pregnant. So, I have embraced letting the belly protrude! It is really quite fun...I have always wanted to know how this feels and I am finally experiencing it. I have had the depressing moments of staring at my closet for a hour before deciding what will fit and realizing my butt is going to grow too BUT what a blessing! My only question now is...should I really be showing at 14 weeks or am I having triplets? Wouldn't that throw life for a loop?!?!
Kyle is done with tax season so we are now getting reacquainted! haha As funny as it sounds...it really is true! It has just been nice to do normal things together the past few days. I am really looking forward to eating dinner with him every night this week. I now feel like we can really start thinking about the baby, Little D, now that we actually see each other. Do you like the baby's nickname, Little D? Nikki thought of it! She is brilliant! She also gave me the wonderful idea, from her sister-in-law, for how to keep the baby's heartbeat as a momento. We recorded it on a Build-a-Bear recorder and placed it in a bear. It sounds so nice and we get to hear it whenever we want. I am glad the baby is so healthy. Do you notice how I started by talking about Kyle and moved back to baby...it really takes over your life! :)
Have a great week!

8 comments:

Debbie Steele said...

Krystin - you are too cute!! enjoy every moment. There will be a time when you feel so huge and you can't walk without waddling around! But it's a great blessing when the little one arrives!!

Ashley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Eric and Carol: said...

OK... so you don't look even the least bit chubby, BUT despite the fact you don't want to buy maternity clothes just yet, they are the most comfortable things ever (I am setting aside pants for you as we speak!). Your body is totally going to change and even though you may feel gross, other people will look at you and think you look adorable. RELISH each moment and take lots of pics (otherwise you'll regret it later). Your body will eventually return to a new normal! SO glad that you and Kyle are back to life as usual. I can't wait to see you guys!!!!

The Wolfs said...

Krystin...You are cute:)

Unknown said...

dont worry, I started showing at 15 weeks:)

Being pregnant is an AMAZING experience, and once the little one is out you'll miss it!!

I'm excited for you guys!!

p.s. your parents were holding Levi in church on sunday, and your mom said she could get used to it!! I have a feeling she will, fast!:)

Gerardo, Sara , Katy Lou & Elena said...

You look so cute! I was surprised about the not being able to suck in too! You are now entering the best part of pregnancy, the second trimester...just think of the new wardrobe you'll get to wear! Soon the movments will start and then you will wonder what life was like before. It is true, take lots of pictures...actually try to stand in the same place for all of them so that you can compare the belly growth...one per week is a good goal. Then when you flip through them quickly, you can watch it grow:) Enjoy your return to normalcy with Kyle!

Tim and Liz Casey said...

You look adorable!!! So excited and happy for you - and glad that you recorded the heartbeat. Hannah still listens to her heartbeat in her bear. Oh - and go by a Bella Band or B Band (from Target). They are fabulous for right now and after Little D is born and your maternity pants are too big and regular pants are too small. It was a lifesaver!!! Let me know if you have ANY questions! :-)

Tessa's Mommy said...

You look very cute!